Grid 3 software’s latest updates include a number of added features and improvements.
Here’s a rundown of what’s new:
- Added option to change the color of a cell when a word list is selected; this is especially useful for grid sets with multiple word lists on the page.
- Smart grammar improvements make it easier to form questions
- Support for the smaller RF-only version of the BJ Control transmitter
- Improved purchase history screen
- Copy and delete buttons no longer remain grayed out when editing
- Grid set images and sounds no longer disappear or become shuffled after editing a grid set
- Repeat command doesn’t repeat when set to infinite
- Individual words can now by symbolized when turning off same as cell label
- Pointer and touch only cells improvements
- Ignore repeated press settings now function when the presses are on different switches
- Accidental press settings are no longer ignored for Switch Commands
- New “Forward” command allows SMS users to copy message and send it to a new recipient
- Gewa Environment Control is easier to set up and transmit several codes in a row
- New Switch presses settings allow users to choose to accept switch on press rather than release.
- New “Show only when available” command hides a cell if that particular feature is not configured or available on the device. Users can also choose cells they want to hide.
- Online Grids allows users to add grid sets created in The Grid 2 to Grid for iPad
- New back-up and restore feature in Grid for iPad settings
- Ability to grid sets into Grid for iPad from other apps such as Dropbox or email
- Arabic language support
- Scanning no longer continues after releasing the switch
- Alea eye gaze software no longer causes touch screen issues
- Word list items now always save when using “Add to word list” command
- Grid sets no longer temporarily lose their thumbnails
- Removing a word list items using the search filter no longer causes Grid for iPad to crash
- Now able to add new pronunciations