It is a good practice to keep your autonoME (environmental control unit/speech generating device) and/or Grid Pad powered by Grid 3 software up to date to ensure optimal performance.
The latest Grid 3 software update – Grid 3.0.26 – is now available for download. New features include:
- Option for Eye Gaze calibration to view video feed from EyeTech cameras including option to add this feature to a grid set using the new Eye Gaze monitor video command
- Ability to turn off the tracking indicator lights for EyeTech cameras (helpful for users who are distracted by the lights).
- One-point calibration option for EyeTech cameras, which allows a new user to get started without requiring a long attention span
- Ability to add more actions to environment control accessories including alarm, blind, set-top box, and television
- New ‘Relay’ environment control accessory
- Button to open the Windows game Controller settings when setting up switches
Bug fixes include:
- Cursor can be seen when using the “move the mouse” computer control option on touch screen devices
- Switching between eye gaze click methods no longer requires multiple selections to switch
- Clicking an empty writing area no longer causes prediction cells to change
- Long hold can now be used with hold
- Grids with only music auto content cells no longer show a “This grid set is empty” message
- Fix the fact that music auto content cells could be scanned during the initial scan activation