The latest Grid 3 software update is available in Early Access and will be available soon to everyone.
New features include:
- “Forward” command for SMS users
- Significant improvements to Gewa Environment Control
- Improved corner access as zoom to click now zooms in off the edges of the screen
- New switch allows you to choose to accept your switch on press rather than release.
- “Accept on switch press” features a more natural feel and is now the default setting for new switch users
- “Show only when available” – this command hides a cell if not configured or available on your device. For example, if you do not use eye gaze, you can choose to hide eye gaze cells.
- Online Grids features the ability to add grid sets created in The Grid 2 to Grid for iPad
- Grid for iPad settings feature new back-up and restore settings
- Ability to import grid sets into Grid for iPad from other apps such as Dropbox or email.
- Language support for Arabic
- Scanning does not continue after releasing switch
- Alea eye gaze software no longer sometimes interferes with touch screen in Grid 3
- Word list items now always save when using the “Add to word list” command
- Grid sets no longer temporarily lose their thumbnails
- Grid for iPad won’t crash when removing a word list items using the search filter
- Able to add new pronunciations
Content updates include:
- PCS symbols are now available in Super Core
- Grammar for vocabulary improvement in People, Jobs, Family, Friends and School grids
- Widget symbol for “go” has been updated
Note: If you are using Super Core, you will need to re-add the grid set to get the latest Super Core features (version 1.3) once you update your Grid 3 software.